How to use a games console grant
Find out everything you need to know about our games console grants.
You will receive your games and console grant in the form of a retailer card, in the post, separately from your grant award letter. You will need to activate the card before being able to use it in shops.
When you have received your card, you will have six months to use it. You must only use it to buy a games console for your child (including bundles with games and accessories).
To activate your card:
- call the activation service on 0344 7709 015 (please make sure you have your activation PIN before you call) – available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- select option one on your telephone keypad. Then select option one again to activate the card.
- enter the 19-digit card number that is on the front of your retailer card
- enter your activation PIN code. This is the four-digit number in the ‘award method’ section on your award letter. Please note that this is not your Family Fund number
- once activated, please keep your card in a safe place.
When your card is activated, you can use it in stores at Argos, Currys/PC World.
You can also use your card online, at argos.co.uk. When you get to the payment page, input the long card number, expiry date and card security code in the ‘Argos and flexecash gift card’ section.
Using your card on Amazon
If you want to buy your console online at Amazon, please use the following steps to receive your e-code:
- go to love2shop.co.uk/login. You can either log in to your existing Love2shop personal account, or create a new personal account
- go to ‘My Cards’ section
- enter the card number from your Love2shop card
- choose the ‘Manage this card or code’ option
- select, to exchange your value for an Amazon e-code.
Once processed you can use the e-code instantly.
When checking out on Amazon, you must use the e-code in the ‘Other Payment options’ section. Enter the e-code number into the ‘gift cards and promotional codes’ section and continue with the order.
Please make sure you keep all your receipts for 12 months from the date you purchased your items. We may write and ask you for them.
Frequently asked questions
How long do I have to use my games console grant?
You must use your award within six months from the date of your Family Fund award letter. Any unused funds will be credited back to Family Fund.
Can I use some of my own money to add to the amount on the card?
Yes. If the total bill for your games console is more than the amount on your card you must pay the difference before your card is swiped and you must keep all receipts as usual.
Can any member of my family use the Family Fund card?
No. Only the main carer, or the child or young person receiving the grant is permitted to use it. Any misuse of the card may result in it being withdrawn.
Where can I use the games console card?
The games console card can only be used at Argos, Currys/PC World, or online on Amazon.
Do I have to buy all the toys and items at the same time?
No. You can buy a few cheaper items at different times, as long as these are within the six-month period. Please bear in mind that you will have to pay a delivery charge every time.