Apply for a grant
Find out how to prepare for making your grant application, and how to apply.
Before you apply
Please follow these three steps before you make your application to help us to process your grant more quickly.
- Our grants are for low-income families raising a disabled or severely ill child or young person. Please check you are eligible before you apply.
- Check when you can next apply if you have applied to us for before. If you live in England, Northern Ireland or Wales, this will be 24 months from the date you last applied. If you live in Scotland you can apply 18 months from the date you last applied.
- Gather your supporting documents. We will need to see documents about:
- Copy of your most recent benefit letter, if you or your partner are in receipt of benefits; OR
- Two most recent payslips or bank statements with two months’ income for you and your partner if you are in employment and are not in receipt of benefits
- Disability benefit letter for your child, if you have one
- Your child’s education plan, if they have one
- A copy of a recent (eg last six months) assessment or letter from a professional about your child’s condition or support needs, if you have one
We are sorry, but due to the high number of families in Wales coming to us for support over the last few months, we have no further funding available and we are not currently able to accept any more applications from families living in Wales.
Read more here.
All prepared and ready to go?Apply now
What to do if you can’t apply online
Applying through our online application form is the quickest and easiest way to make an application. Online applications also take less time to process, so you may receive your grant decision more quickly.
If you are not able to apply online, you can download an application pack. You’ll need to print it and post the completed form and supporting documents back to us. If you are submitting an application for more than one child, you’ll also need to complete the additional child form (one per sibling you wish to include in your application).
If you are unable to print the form at home, you can request for an application pack to be posted to you. You should receive this within 10 working days. It costs Family Fund £1 for every pack that is printed and posted, so please check your eligibility carefully before you request one.
Need some help to apply?
- You would like us to send you a large format copy of the paper application form
- You need help to complete the application form because English is not your first language, and you do not have someone who can support you
- You are finding it difficult to complete the application form because of a disability, and you do not have someone who can support you