Please be aware that there may be a delay in receiving your grant item due to the impact of Coronavirus on our team and suppliers. Please visit our Coronavirus page for more information.

We help families across the UK who are raising a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 17 or under. You can apply to Family Fund if:

  • You live in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales (Please note: If you are a family living in Wales, please visit our Wales application pages to apply.)
  • You are the parent or carer of a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 0-17 who lives with you
  • You are currently living in the UK and done so for at least six months, or three months if your child is less than six months old.
  • Your child is not in Local Authority care*
  • You need to also have evidence of entitlement to any one of the following:**
        • Universal Credit
        • Child Tax Credit
        • Working Tax Credit
        • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
        • Income Related Employment Support Allowance
        • Income Support
        • Housing Benefit
        • Pension Credit.
    • Your child or young person has a high level of additional support needs arising from a long term disability or disabling condition or a serious or life limiting illness. By long term we mean lasting or likely to last 12 months or more.  Please read our child and young person eligibility criteria.

    * This does not include children who are classified as a ‘Child in Need’ under Section 17.

    **All of the above income evidence, needs to be the most recent award received and should contain the name of the main carer who has applied for the grant, and their current address as detailed on the grant application. Documents provided can be sent electronically or in paper form. Please note it is in your best interest to send copies of paper documents as we cannot return the originals. Should you send your evidence electronically it can be either through screenshot, photo or emailing into us. If you do not provide us with documentation showing the full legal name of yourself and the child/children applied for, this may delay the grant getting to you. Please be advised that carers allowance cannot be used as proof of income. Please note that, in certain circumstances where an applicant has No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) we do not need income confirmation, but will need to speak to a third party to verify family income and situation.

    You need to meet our Family Fund eligibility criteria and child eligibility criteria in order to be considered for a grant.

    Eligibility  Apply now

    If you would like to ask any questions or discuss our criteria before you make an application, please contact us.

    Read our frequently asked questions here.