Grant Delivery Administrator
Our dedicated Grant Delivery Team is responsible for processing grant applications from families, and helping us to get vital support out to people who really need it. Do a job that makes a difference!
- £20,384 per annum
- Fixed term until 31 March 2024
- 35 per week Monday to Friday
- Closing date:
- 12 October 2023
The closing date for applications has now passed. View current opportunities
Do a job that makes a difference!
Do you want to do a job that matters? Are you looking for interesting and varied office work in a friendly team? Do you want some flexibility with home working and loads of job satisfaction? We have the role for you.
Based in York, Family Fund is the UK’s largest charity providing grants for families raising disabled children. Our dedicated Grant Delivery Team is responsible for processing grant applications. They help us to get vital support out to people who really need it.
We are looking for a Grant Delivery Administrator to work in the key programmes team. This is a fixed term basis until 31 March 2024.
- Using our online grant systems, receive grant applications and check that all supporting information is provided as required
- Signposting applications to other teams for assessment purposes as required
- Contacting families and third parties where necessary, by email and phone, to clarify information and request missing information
- Responding to incoming emails and phone calls in a timely and professional way, which could be from internal colleagues, families and professional third parties
- Dealing with incoming post, recording relevant information onto our grant systems with accuracy and in a timely way
- Making grant awards to families using specific grant criteria
- When processing grants and responding to enquiries, to follow relevant brand and communications guidelines and show a commitment to departmental timescales and targets
- Ensuring that customer service standards are maintained and, where possible, exceeded
Most work will be completed from home. There will be an occasional, but regular, need to attend our office in York to complete some tasks and to attend meetings and/or one-to-ones.
To join our team you’ll need experience of administrative or general office work, basic computer skills, the ability to communicate well in writing and with confidence on the phone, a commitment to accuracy and attention to detail. You’ll share our can-do, determined and passionate customer service approach.
In return, we offer the chance to be right at the heart of a supportive professional team, where you’ll make a real positive difference to families in need every day. As a member of our staff, you’ll receive quality training for your role, contributory pension, access to our employee discounts scheme, and once you’re confident in the work the opportunity to work from home with flexible start and finish times.
Family Fund is a great place to work for great people. We provide a challenging and rewarding working
environment where every staff member can make their mark.
We are committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from all parts of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, all disabled applicants who meet the requirements for the role will be invited for interview. If you have a disability, and are happy to let us know, please highlight this in your covering letter.
How to apply
Please read the Grant Delivery Administrator job description carefully.
When you’re ready to apply, please complete the online application form. You will need to upload your CV with a covering letter to explain what skills and qualities you would bring to our team.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 19 October 2023.
The successful candidate must complete pre-employment checks that meet the Baseline Personnel Security Standard. This includes a requirement to undergo a basic level DBS criminal record check, right to work check and employment history verification.Apply now