Communications and Marketing Apprentice
We are looking for a Communications and Marketing Apprentice to join our friendly Communications and Marketing Team at Family Fund.
- £19,838 per annum
- Fixed term - 18 month apprenticeship
- 35 per week, Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- Combination of office based / home working – you must live a commutable distance from our offices in Monks Cross, York
- Closing date:
- 10 July 2023
The closing date for applications has now passed. View current opportunities
In this role you will support all areas of the Communications and Marketing department (social media, website, press, blogs, etc).
You will work closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager and Officers to support and evaluate communications and marketing campaigns. You’ll also be in close contact with the wider Communications & Marketing team (colleagues in charge of design, storytelling, press, etc).
The apprenticeship will lead to the Level 4 in Public Relations and Communications qualification. You will do your training online which will be a minimum of one day per week completing theoretic assessments. In the final three months you will complete an end-point assessment. The assessment includes a knowledge test, work-based project and presentation.
On a weekly basis, you’ll be expected to:
- Write engaging and relevant content such as news stories, email newsletters, website pages, external articles, press releases, social media posts etc.
- Promote the voices of our beneficiary families in our external communications.
- Create, schedule and monitor content for Family Fund social media channels
- Deliver audience-focused newsletter content and monitor and evaluate success.
- Update and maintain our website using a wide range of imagery and video footage
- Promote all charity activity, including our grants and services, across digital and traditional channels.
Skills you need to do this role
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power-Point)
- You will be a confident user of social media
- Great attention to detail
- Commitment to working as part of a team.
- GCSE or equivalent English and Maths level 4
About Family Fund
Family Fund is the UK’s largest grant-making charity for families raising a disabled or seriously ill child, on a low income. You can read more about our mission and our vision here.
Our staff are passionate about Family Fund’s mission and they want to make a difference. Applicants should share this passion, have a commitment to equality, diversity, inclusion and fairness for all, as well as a commitment to Family Fund’s values.
At Family Fund we welcome applications from all parts of the community. We are a Disability Confident Employer and all disabled applicants who meet the requirements for the role will be invited for interview. If you have a disability, and are happy to let us know, please highlight this in your covering letter. We have also signed the Armed Forces Covenant and we welcome applications from the Armed Forces Community.
How to apply
Please read the job description below carefully.
When you’re ready to apply, please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to apply online. You will be asked to submit a covering letter and CV, explaining what skills and qualities you would bring to the team.
Closing date: 10 July 2023
Interview date: 18 July 2023 (in person)
Start date of apprenticeship: 4 September 2023