Northern Ireland programme
Family Fund provides a wide range of grants to families living in Northern Ireland raising a disabled or seriously ill child, or young adult, on a low income. See here more about our grants.
Grants for families living in Northern Ireland
Whether you need a kitchen appliance like a fridge, cooker or washing machine; clothing and bedding; sensory or play equipment; technology for your child, or a much-needed family break, we are here to help.
Apply for items that will help meet your child’s additional support needs, and make life easier.
Families in Northern Ireland can apply for a Family Fund grant every 24 months. You can apply if:
- you’re the main carer for a disabled or seriously ill child aged 17, or younger
- you have been resident in Northern Ireland for at least six months
- you have a low income from working, or benefits
Grants you can apply for:
Please note that you can not apply for a grant for:
- items you’ve already bought
- items that should be provided by a statutory agency, such as a local authority or health service after a needs assessment – such as home adaptions, therapies or specialist buggies
How to apply
If you have previously applied to Family Fund, please find out when you can next apply for a grant here.
Ready to apply? Register to create an account and apply online through our Family Portal.
What happens after you apply
We aim to make contact with you 10 weeks from the date that we received your application, but please note that a final decision on your application may take longer, due to the high numbers of people currently coming to us for help.Find out more about what happens after you apply