We are looking for a Volunteer Co-ordinator to work in the Partnerships, Public Affairs and Family Outcomes Department.
- £25,810 per annum
- 35 per week
- Hybrid - Combination of office based and home working. Our offices are based at Monks Cross, York
- Closing date:
- 31 August 2023
The closing date for applications has now passed. View current opportunities
In this role you will develop and co-ordinate volunteering on behalf of Family Fund. The role contributes to facilitating the recruitment and retention of volunteers, and managing volunteers, with a strong emphasis on building relationships with supporters both within corporate partnerships and at a more grassroot level.
- Develop a compelling volunteer programme which serves the needs of teams across the organisation
- Generate appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organisation and ensure that we operate best in class volunteer management practices
- Promote volunteering through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns
- Recruit and induct new volunteers and manage the relationship during their time volunteering for Family Fund ensuring that they are matched with the right opportunities
- Be key point of contact and provide administrative support to volunteers, including development of structured volunteer engagement plans.
For this role you will need experience of recruiting and managing volunteers and supporters. You must have an understanding of volunteering policies and support arrangements.
You must have great interpersonal and networking skills, in addition to an understanding of the barriers to volunteering and steps that can be taken to address these.
Also, you will need good computer literacy skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
About Family Fund
Family Fund is the UK’s largest grant-making charity for families raising a disabled or seriously ill child, on a low income. You can read more about our mission and our vision here.
Our staff are passionate about Family Fund’s mission and they want to make a difference. Applicants should share this passion, have a commitment to equality, diversity, inclusion and fairness for all, as well as a commitment to Family Fund’s values.
At Family Fund we welcome applications from all parts of the community. Indeed, we are a Disability Confident Employer and all disabled applicants who meet the requirements for the role will be invited for interview. If you have a disability, and are happy to let us know, please highlight this in your covering letter. We have also signed the Armed Forces Covenant and we welcome applications from the Armed Forces Community.
How to apply
Please read the job description below carefully.
When you’re ready to apply, click on the ‘Apply now’ button to apply online. You will need to submit a cover letter and CV, explaining what skills and qualities you would bring to the team.
If you have any queries please email [email protected].
Closing date: 15 August 2023
Interview date: 5 September 2023