First Contact Team Officers
We are looking for First Contact Team Officers to join our busy contact centre on fixed term contracts until 31 August 2023.
- £23,310 per annum
- Fixed term contracts - Two roles until 31 August 2023
- One role for 28h per week, and one role for 35h per week
- Office based, Monks Cross, York
- Closing date:
- 16 May 2023
The closing date for applications has now passed. View current opportunities
Do a job that makes a difference!
Our First Contact Team is responsible for providing information and assistance to families and customers in a professional manner.
We’ve seen the number of grant applications soar in recent times, so we’re looking for new team members to help us provide a great Family Fund service to even more families.
- Respond to all family queries in accordance with department processes across the full range of media channels.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all Grant Services processes and those related to each grant programme to enable provision of accurate and consistent information, support and advice.
- Where appropriate, deliver information to families on all services provided by Family Fund.
- Take ownership of family queries and progress them to a satisfactory conclusion for all parties.
- Escalate calls to the appropriate department, manager or supervisor.
Skills you need to do this role
To join our team you’ll need experience of dealing with telephone queries in a customer service environment, basic computer skills, the ability to communicate well in writing and on the phone. More importantly, you’ll share our can-do, determined and passionate customer-service approach.
About Family Fund
Family Fund is the UK’s largest charity providing grants for families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people. Last year, we provided over 170,000 grants or services to families across the UK.
We are a values based organisation, and we aim to show our values in all that we do.
Family Fund is committed to inclusion, equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from all parts of the community. We are a Disability Confident Employer and all disabled applicants who meet the requirements for the role will be invited for interview. If you have a disability, and are happy to let us know, please highlight this in your covering letter
How to apply
Please read the job description below carefully.
When you’re ready to apply complete the online application and submit a covering letter and CV, explaining what skills and qualities you would bring to the team.